Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween is the New Christmas (Until Christmas)

Hey Everyone! I am just checking in to make sure everyone had a terrific Halloween because we had the best day ever. And while I do not have any pictures organized and ready to share I will steal one from a girlfriend who when it comes to photos is a better mom to my son than I am. I just stink at getting pics.

But first I have to tell you that Halloween is my new/ old favorite holiday. It always used to be my holiday back in my "I love black and evil and hate the world" days. Then I learned that Christmas was my favorite holiday even though I still wear a lot of black (but not really into evil any longer). After yesterday I am back to Halloween. At least until Christmas. And even though my old self would beat up my new self in a dark alley I have a new cheerful spin on Halloween.

Z and I went trick or treating all day but instead of getting candy we delivered baked goodies to the people we love. And even though I dragged my 13 month old son all over town for 8 hours he was a trooper. It was  totally fun.

Then, at 6 pm we lit all the candles in our lanterns on the front porch and waited for our first trick or treater. Handing out candy is my favorite thing and we get a ton of kiddos in our neighborhood. Most of which are super cute and some are scary zombies and such. Some older ones don't dress up at all. Ya know, too cool to dress up but not to cool to pan handle candy. They have a little attitude and just open their back pack and they say "trick or treat" but what you really hear is "you better put a piece of candy in here lady and not ask any questions or I am going to come back later and steal your lawn ornaments".  "Okay Okay take all you want, don't want anyone getting hurt."


Z was a dragon without wings? or a dino with ears (no such thing)? He was cute nonetheless. 


Last year he was my little pumpkin. But lets be honest he will always be my little pumpkin!


No comments:

Post a Comment