Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Need More...

ART in my life. Not art that you buy. Art that you make, watch live or listen to on your iPod. Art that inspires and reflects and sings your thoughts for you. I need more expression.  I was reminded of this yesterday.



Z and I attended a play yesterday downtown. It was a production of Rumpelstiltskin. It was fabulous. There were only three players and it was $5 dollars for both of us. Not much for set or lighting. It was a show for kiddos. But a show all the same. My friend who told us about it the theater knew all the people involved. Z watched with intent and then applauded when it was over.

My New Year resolution is beginning now. I will try and incorporate more theater, music, dancing and painting in our lives. I should have never let it be put on the back burner. Time to prioritize. Because it makes me happy. And because I think Z should be exposed to all things wonderful.

Now, to find more affordable productions!

On another topic. November seems to be the month of gratitude. And while I rarely jump on the train of expressing EVERYTHING I am grateful for on facebook (because that would be really long and very hard to fit into 30 days) I thought I could share one. Now before I share, please know that of course I am grateful for food, shelter, family and health. OF COURSE!

But in this moment, I am grateful for my right to vote.






And while I am anxiously waiting to see if my candidate was chosen I am going to try and remember to be grateful for my voting rights (no matter the outcome). Also, I am grateful for mail in ballots!





No comments:

Post a Comment