Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Another Family Vacation Including Dogs, Snow, Fabric, Yarn and Espresso

All this wintery weather is making me want to take a mountain trip. K's bro works and lives at Mt. Hood. Two years ago when I was prego with Z we went and stayed at a cabin near Hood with K's Ma. It was super! I want to go again and ski and hot tub this time. I skipped those last time being pregs and all. I am NOT what you would call a skier so I thought the safest route was probably to stay indoors. But lets face it. Once I get up there and get all cold and wet in the snow I still will not really want to be skiing. But the idea is fun. And the lodge is REALLY fun. So maybe soon. But for now let's review some pics, eh?

The cabin was a nice mix of a secluded feel but near things. Things like restaurants and shopping. Plus it was really cute inside. And there were heads on the wall!!!






Unpacking...




Something you should know about my MIL, K's Ma Z's Gma is SHE loves hot tubs and bath tubs. I think she would stayed in one or the other the whole time if there weren't dogs and snow nearby. Oh and her other son.


But you couldn't blame her could you? Cozy tub overlooking a forest and creek. 

But we did leave the cabin and went to the lodge everyday to see H, K's bro at work. He is ski patrol. We ate there, met friends, and the best part is we got to take Heidi the Mt. Hood St. Bernard puppy all around with us. She is BIG. And I presume she is even bigger now.


K, H and Heidi


One of the days, H took us snow shoeing. That was really fun. Again we brought dogs with us. And the views were incredible.


This is Kloshy. She belongs to H. She is absolutely one of my favorite dogs ever. So sweet and well behaved and pretty too!


This pup kept burying her snow balls. That was pretty funny. Even funnier than them trying to catch snowballs.


Sorry M but I had to share your snow angel making. It is crucial to this post.



The snow showing was awesome. So glad H was able to take us and provide shoes and dogs! We spent other moments shopping and eating and visiting. But my favorite was coming upon this little gem:

Why Hello there little shop of my three favorite things. I love you and I don't even have to enter your welcoming doors. Thank you for existing. 
Love, Lena

I actually didn't buy anything but this is so like the time a friend and I found a taco AND espresso stand all-in-one. Too Good To Be True! But, only it is. True. 

Aaaanyway, this was a great trip. I hope we can do it again even though I put the snow angel pic on? M? Still friends? Ok good. Yay for family trips!















1 comment:

  1. Fun times! That cabin looks sweet. What is the name of it? This is Jen St. Pierre btw :)

    ReplyDelete