Saturday, November 24, 2012

When Babies Turn

I know. The title sounds like a horror movie about changelings under the full moon. But, if we are being honest (which we are) babies can resemble changelings. Okay. They are cuter than werewolves and other creatures of the night but babies really can turn on you. When you least expect it.
Today for instance. Z stopped laying in his crib and putting himself to sleep. Z has been putting himself to sleep in his crib for naps and bedtime for a long while. And this morning he stopped. Both naps required some tears and coercing. And tonight Z's poor Uncle has been reading to him for almost an hour while his poor father is on his knees next to the crib. I feel as though I should provide knee pads and lozenges but if "Mama" goes in there you can forget bedtime all together. So I will sip tea and blog and smell the bread I have baking while the men work. Back to the point though. Babies can turn.
They can be bubbling, giggling, bouncing baby boys and girls and then one day (cue scary movie soundtrack) THEY CHANGE. Z spent a lot of this morning whining and throwing his head back full force onto the floor. Then screaming cause, Ya that smarted a little. Then getting rocked. Then getting happy. Then repeat.
And while he is the cutest and my most favorite baby of all time. This is rough. Today was weird. And will tomorrow be different? Who knows? And is there a full moon? I think so. And do I liken my child to a lykan? Not usually, but tonight I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment