Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Post A Day...

...keeps the ideas away!

I have a confession. I am trying to write a post a day through November. Its a blogger thing called NaBloPoMo. I wasn't going to tell you guys that this is what I am doing. I didn't want to advertise in case of failure. But, I need a shoulder to cry on. This is hard. Coming up with something interesting for people to read is not as easy as it looks.

So tonight you get to hear about the amazing dinner we had:

Apple Bacon BBQ Chicken in the Crock Pot

Roasted Squash, Yukons, Sweet Potatoes, Peppers and Onions

Corn Bread

Sparkling Cider

Uuuuummm first of all, this meal turned out way better than I expected. And I expected it to be pretty good. Second,  it doesn't get much more fall then Apples and Squash and Corn does it?





If you haven't tried the corn bread from Trader Joe's, you should. I tried a new trick with the roasted veggies. I used lemon juice and EVOO instead of balsalmic vinegar and the oil. The lemon adds a very light flavor in a heavy meal. I recommend trying it. 

Here is a Z pic. I wanted to share this one because he looks SO grown up and its kind of freaking me out.


Stop growing Z. Stop looking at me like that! I envision myself getting this look for the next 20 years. (sigh)

listening to:




1 comment:

  1. National Blog Post Month?? That is quite the word there.

    ReplyDelete