Thursday, November 1, 2012

Aaaand Almost Published Without Title

I woke up this morning frantic. I felt late, late for a very impo... well you get the idea. But having no plans I tried to dismiss the feeling. A little while into the morning I went to check a date on the calendar and had to flip it over to November. Again the panic. It's weird, when I figured out what I was panicking over I thought I was crazy.

But, then I got in the car for a little outing and heard Black Friday ads on the radio. Then it was confirmed. I am stressing about the holidays.

Starbucks has switched over to the red wintertime cups and winter drinks. Since winter solstice often hits on my birthday I can promise we have a couple months! Costco has had toys and holiday decor out for at least four weeks. Amazon is sending me Christmas ideas and Thanksgiving recipes are flooding my inbox.

It feels like we don't get the chance to really take our time with the moment (or season) any longer. Halloween was awesome and immediately switching gears into the next big day is kind of a bummer. Yet thats exactly what I did. I immediately felt pressure that I don't have all the details of Thanksgiving covered. I am feeling behind on Christmas and its two months away!

The point is I already have experienced how fast life can pass and living in constant anticipation doesn't help. So! I am going to try not to wait anxiously for what's coming but try to enjoy and savor what is happening. Being a planner, I will admit this will be difficult. And it isn't like being excited for the holidays is bad it's the stress that is a little silly.

I started this post on my iPod and cannot figure out how to see it in my account on my computer. So you get a random photo this morning. And technology will be the death of McKown Town!

No comments:

Post a Comment