Monday, November 5, 2012

Cider Mill in the Fall with Friends

Being a SAHM is fun and difficult all at the same time. This weekend K and I were discussing the perks and non-perks of me not working out of the home. Many non-perks are money centered. Many perks are Z centered. So its a pretty easy trade for me. But every once in a while I want something. Something for me. Something that challenges me (not that Z doesn't challenge me). I want to contribute to the working force and get paid for it. Have mind blowing conversations and get paid for it. I miss the dynamics of a work place. But when I talk with people who work full time, K for example, it becomes more and more clear how either way there would be still some sense of dissatisfaction. If I worked out of the home I would want more Z time. If K stayed home I would be sad to be missing out on all the fun activities he did with Z. This convo and the others like it are great reminders of how blessed I am to be able to work and play at home with my kid.

And while I do work, I have a lot of fun too. A few weeks ago my friend Shawn and her daughter Nina met up with us at the cider mill in town. They have sheep, goats, bunnies, chickens, cows, pumpkins, apples, hay rides, cider and DONUTS! There is no entry fee and if you go mid week in cold weather you have the place almost to yourself. Unless you spend 3 dollars for cider and DONUTS you get couple guaranteed hours of free entertainment. Can't beat that.

Plus, look how cute these babes are!


Z was really excited to get out and play.


Nina is directing Z's attention to the cam. Thanks Neens!


"What's the view out your side?" 


Love it.


I look a little like Golem clawing "my precious" but this was one of our better pics together that day.

Point is, that although its hard on my ego staying home with Z is really the funnest and most practical choice for our fam. Thanks to our friends and family who help make it extra fun too.



No comments:

Post a Comment