Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Grand Trip

I wanted to share with you guys a trip K and I took a few years back. It was pre-home, pre-marriage and pre-Z and we flew to Vegas for some friends' wedding. This was one of our favorite trips so far. I loved Vegas. I could see how you would get tired of it kind of quick but we were there for three nights and it was AWESOME.
We stayed at Ceasar's Palace. We received a room upgrade into a HUGE suite. It was sweet. Get it? Anyway, we could have hosted a party. Not sure how I scored it. It kind of just happened.
The wedding was SO fun. Our friends were married by Elvis and it was a really sweet ceremony. It was especially great being somewhere so crazy with a bunch of crazy friends.
So we did the usual stuff and saw the usual sites. We gambled a little. K is much better at it than I. You know the saying? Something about "playing with scared money"? Well, its so true.
But we did win big while we were there. A friend of mine works for a helicopter tour place and she got us a standby on a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon with a picnic lunch FOR FREE. That was one of the coolest things I have ever had happen so unexpectedly and I still owe her BIG.




We landed inside the canyon for lunch! This was our ride. No big deal. Oh and our pilot was from Randle, WA! That is like the neighbor of my hometown. Super small world.


This is Krista. We went to high school and a little college together. I hadn't seen her in years. My first time to Vegas was with her when we were still in high school. Her family brought me with them for her brother's wedding. That was a fun trip too!

I am thankful for this memory with these friends today! Here's to many more ( I am toasting with my earl grey tea). 









2 comments: