Thursday, November 29, 2012

Taking "Things" For Granted

Sometimes when I am moving about my life in the usual ways that people do, I get an overpowering sense of "wow, I am the luckiest person alive". It sort of feels like what I would imagine walking through an imaginary wall or a ghost (a happy ghost) would feel like. Oh, or I guess it could be like someone hitting you with an invisible newspaper. 
It JUST happened. I was cleaning up after dinner while K and Z finished up bath and I reached to unlock the garage door and BAM. Its like I see a really clear view of all the great "things" around me. Not that I am in the habit of hating everything around me but when I get into a rhythm I forget to be appreciative. 
In these "wake the heck up" moments I am reminded that I have everything I need and anything I think I need will either be provided or isn't really that crucial to my existence. That my friends is a GREAT and humbling reminder. 
And Yes, I bought a Power Ball ticket. And Yes, that is very contradictory to the message in this post. And No, I did not win. But I am OK with that and maybe will try my luck at the lottery in ten years or so. In the meantime I will continue my rich with love and experience lifestyle. 

In other thoughts, I am pretty excited to watch "The Deathly Hallows: Part Two" this evening. I am in love with the latest AFI album and sad I waited so long to give it a chance. And tomorrow I look forward to post #30 for this month. I wish I could promise that it will be an exciting conclusion to this LONG list of ramblings. But I cannot. 

listening to:


No comments:

Post a Comment