Monday, November 26, 2012

Short Reads

I have recently read "Colorado Kid" by Stephen King and have been re-reading some short writings of Tom Robbins. My favorite Robbins short is called "The Day the Earth Spit Warthogs". Its his account of a tour he did in the Selour of Africa. Very vivid, great imagery, and SHORT!
Essays and short stories are perfect for a tired busy mom who enjoys reading. You know when you start a book and aren't immediately hooked? Like with most books that have any depth of character and plot. And then the rest of the 200 or so pages seem so daunting and eventually you close the selection and shelve it? Well I enjoy finishing books. I feel accomplished and satisfied afterwards. So its nice to read short works. Even better to read shorts by my favorite authors.
Next up is "Ten Little Indians" by Sherman Alexie, again.
What is everybody else reading?

1 comment:

  1. Here's what I've been reading over the past couple of months:

    Twilight of the Elites - Christopher Hayes
    Chelsea Chelsea, Bang Bang - Chelsea Handler
    Girl with Dragon Tattoo Trilogy - Stieg Larsson
    Woman in Berlin - Anonymous
    Battle Royale - Koushun Takami

    All good, all very different. I didn't like the third Stieg Larsson book that much.

    ReplyDelete