Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Oh Yeah, The Blog!

Many apologies for that hiatus I took from McKown Town. The truth is I found myself in a very low energy FUNK. Not the musical kind of funk. The funking funk. Funks are four letter words. And that was a big one. However, I have done a lot since we talked last. I gained and lost a hypothetical ten pounds (read on for my secret). Everything in the garden sprouted and then was quickly munched by a something (another four letter word). Z is full on mobile. Scooting all over and QUICKLY! No more "you sit right there and I am going to pee quicker than you can get on all fours". I saw Avengers! Plus much more.
So, the ten pounds I gained and lost. It started with one of my Mother's Day gifts. K gifted me an email recipe subscription with meal planning, grocery list and such. No, I was not offended and he prefaced the gift with a long speech about my new interest in meal plans and recipes and this did NOT mean I needed cook or shop unless it was something I wanted to do. It was very nice how conscious he was of the implications it could have had regarding gender roles. I was thrilled. When setting it up I had a lot of different options; low carb recipes, vegetarian, low fat, etc. I myself chose regular.
Lemmetellya! Regular must mean the 3500 calorie a day diet. These dinners all include cheese, beef and bread. Yes they are amazing but I had to limit it to three a week. Still with just three a week I feel extremely guilty. Ham Au Gratin, Pot Pie, Beef Skillet, Beef Pizza, Beef Beef Beef (grossed out yet?). Point is, I think we will see what the low fat or veggie lover version has to offer.
My "healthy" eating streak was encouraged by a Pampered Chef Party I attended. The host was a friend of mine who is truly a fantastically amazing chef. I have been trying to get her to start a blog for a year now. Which selfishly was in part so I could get some recipes and cook like her! But...oh yeah, the party. So she had a spread itellya. I should have taken pictures as I am not a talented enough writer to make you understand. You will just have to take my word. So pretty. So tasty. I consumed what felt like a Thanksgiving amount of hors d'ourves.
Really everything I have eaten is not important. It is how to lose the weight that is intriguing, right?

Best work out ever. And it lasts all day.

Our friends needed a babysitting favor. I was honored and of course said yes. It was a full day of babysitting. Which doesn't sound too crazy unless you already have one the same age. Admittedly, I was nervous. Can I handle two? How will this work? When will I pee? Well it just works out. And if you have a babe at home and have been nervous about sitting swaps with other mamas. Don't be. It is a butt kicker and super fun!


Meet Will. 6.5 months.




And despite jealous fits of rage when I rocked Will to sleep, Z had a great day too.



1 comment: