Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Why Everyone Should Know a 3rd Grader

Last week, Z and I went to K's mama's classroom to volunteer. She teaches 3rd grade. The class had made clay plates shaped like cupcakes for Mothers Day presents. I was in charge of bringing frosting and pastry bags to frost some mini cupcakes with the kids. I made pink, yellow and blue frosting ( I think about 6 pounds worth!)
Lemmetellya! If you ever have a chance to go volunteer or visit a classroom you gotta do it! Kids are hilarious. A room full of 8ish years olds is beyond hilarious. And the energy. Wholly cow Oly! What are you pumping into these kids. I have to get some. We had a great time. And the best part is how much they looove Z. They swoon over him. Boys and Girls alike. I heard so many "awe"s and "cute"s. Quote of the day was in regards to Z "I am paralyzed by cuteness". HA! I hear ya sista.
My MIL always has the class write "thank you" notes to me after I go help out. These are always so fun to read. This time the kids drew pictures for Z in addition! So of course I have to share.

Check out the firearm arm. And the ABC Patch. Hardcore!

Ice cream melting in the sun and a basket of eggs...

Umbrella Drink? Yes Please! (I think I am going to start writing the Z backwards. It'll be Bad Ace!)

Personal Fave! Going in Z's room. 

And just one of many sweet letters from the kiddos. 

So I couldn't share ALL of the letters and drawings with you. But they almost all made Z pics of bears with ice cream. Not counting the militia fire"arm" kid with triangle eyes. And they all thanked me for bringing Z. So CaaaUuuute!
My MIL did such a good job on the gifts! If you are a momma and you got a radical gift that your babe made at school (or in sunday school) remember to thank their teacher sometime. These were a lot of fun but a TON of work. I do not know many teachers who would complain if you didn't, but who doesn't like a "thank you"?

BONUS ROUND:
Yesterday I put Z in a bucket of water with a UV blocking swim hoodie (Baby Gap) and tons of SPF! We sunned and splashed. Cannot wait for more sunny days. Hope ya'll got out in the sun.








No comments:

Post a Comment