Thursday, May 10, 2012

Naps and Treasure Hunts

Good Morning! It has been a while. There were some mini breakdowns around this here McKown Town. Well, I was the only one breaking...but nonetheless I am back.
Nap time is a dirty dirty curse word in my world right now. On one hand it is the most amazing thing to see Z become more and more like little boy every day. The other hand wants to turn the knob and switch us all back to 5 months ago when we were sleeping 6-7 hour stretches and could be tricked into napping anywhere. Nowadays, I rock him. His eyes droop and he becomes jello in my arms. I whisper hush noises and gently, ever so gently try and lay him down. I hold my breath in suspense. Will he stay asleep? Is he actually asleep? I slowly pull my arms away and BAM. Eyes open! And the most terrifying scream I've heard all morning. Its the ultimate betrayal and I am so busted. Pick him up. Start over. This can happen multiple times in one nap attempt. Then, the frustration ensues. Its a twenty minute obsession to control this little mind. I will concur you, Z! In those moments the sweet little love of my life becomes my arch nemesis. Mama X vs Baby Magneto (yes, I make the baby the evil one).


I wish I could say I always win. This morning tho, our nap routine was successful and so I have time for coffee and a side of blog. I actually had a lot of fun stuff going on since last time but haven't gotten many photos. And despite losing my mind over naps I have had a little gently used retail therapy thanks to my wonderful husband! K hung out with Z Saturday morning so I could hit up the community yard sale at the the Thurston County Fairgrounds. There was basically a lot of yard sale junk and some antique vendors hidden among it all charging collector prices (no thanks). But, I did find this awesome wooden alphabet train set!


Magneto is awake now so we are going to start our day. Hope ya'll enjoy yours!

This morning was a Jolie Holland kind of morning.





3 comments:

  1. He's pretty smart to have put together that whole train all by himself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Lena! Just send Magneto my way this summer for a well deserved blogging day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that train! Although Z seems to be having more fun with that box?lol (:

    ReplyDelete