Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day Extravaganza

I have a new favorite holiday. You guessed it, MOTHER'S DAY! Its like your birthday but even more incredible. And did you know that sometimes people other than your spouse and kids celebrate your being a mom? Well they do. My dear friend took me and her mom to a performance of Beauty and the Beast put on by a local high school. Our Midwives hosted a picnic for their clients and babes on Saturday. The weather was perfect and they had salmon burgers.YUM! We visited my mom and she made US dinner and had gifts waiting for ME! Whaaaaa? I got to sleep in until 7:40 on Sunday (which sounds early for some but not us). K made me pancakes and coffee. He also gave me a gorgeous scarf, a card that made me cry happy sappy tears, and an email recipe subscription. Thank You! We did lunch at the Wooden Boat Festival with K's fam and family friends. Again, perfect weather. Then, we exchanged cards and gifts with K's Ma and Gma at their house. Oh and Z splashed in a fountain! I ended the day watering my garden and eating pie and ice cream (no, not simultaneously).


Snugglin'

Splashin'

There is one thing about this weekend that has left me feeling disappointed. I hardly took any photos! As I write this post I am kicking myself. Oh well, I guess we will just have to have a "do over" next weekend.



3 comments:

  1. omgsh! Z is getting so big! sounds like you guys had a fantastic weekend!(: Happy belated Mother's Day!lol (does that even count?):p

    ReplyDelete
  2. aha it is! But I dropped the Alaska one lol

    ReplyDelete