Monday, October 1, 2012

Reunited

It really does feel so good to reunite with those you have lost touch with. September brought with it two wonderful weddings in which I spent time with people I rarely see or haven't seen in years. The two weddings were completely different in so many ways but both were a really great time. I left both with a warm feeling that you get after spedning a holiday with those you love. Good times people, good good times!

When I was growing up I knew the Chambers as a second family. Jim and my dad were best friends growing up and I call him Uncle Jim still. I lost touch with my little second family for a long time. But a few years back (thanks to facebook) Jim's daughter Kristi and I got back in touch and spent some time together. When I saw Uncle Jim for the first time in forever I was reminded of how much I missed them. It has been such a blessing to be in contact with  Uncle Jim, Kristi, Lee, Justin, Jason and Kathy. My heart is so full to have them back in our lives.

Kristi was married in September and it was a spectacular party. And the Chambers clan met Z for the first time. So fun!


Z and Uncle Jim at breakfast the day following the wedding. 


Z and Kristi (the bride). She was stunning!


The Bride and the McKowns! 

And I know its all about the bride but I LOVED my dress. I need more occasions so I can wear it again. Can I just wear it to the grocery? Sure. Why not? I also loved the dress I wore to the other September wedding but I don't have any pictures because I really really stink at remembering to take photos. Grrr. Worst blogger EVA!

I so wish we had pics of the other wedding we attended. My friend Angie was married to a super duper guy in our home town of Morton, WA. It was another REALLY fun party. The ceremony was so romantic. The most genuine I have seen yet. I saw friends from the old days and left so happy. But alas, no proof of this. Maybe I am in the backdrop of some random guests iPhone shot? 

I did find a picture of our Portland trip. We stood on the patio of our hotel and watched a fire boat dock. Z and K were FASCINATED. And Z didn't quite understand that he could not just reach out and grab it. 


Aaaand its October! Wow. And we still have to water the lawn. Weird. Its warm and sunny and NOT FALL here. However, that has not stopped me from getting the fall decor out of the attic and drinking pumpkin lattes.















No comments:

Post a Comment