Thursday, June 21, 2012

Frugal Finds

Been suffering from a cold in this house. Not Me. Not K. Z. Saddest thing ever. We are getting through it and doing much better. Which makes a Mama's heart happy. But I haven't taken any pictures or done anything fun. Actually we haven't left the house except to go to the bank and a rugby board meeting. Neither of which seemed photo worthy. I was tempted to capture Z with a crusty nose as I am always hearing how clean he is. But I didn't. I will keep up the illusion that MY kid doesn't get dirty.
So with nothing to share I hopped over to one of my fave blogs. You guys HAVE to check her out. She is funny and her family is the cutest. Her blog is Harpers Happenings or "The Haps". Anyway, it pretty much sells itself once you read it so open link in new tab and I will get back to the point here. Mandy, the author, does a 'High on Thrifting Thursday' edition every week. She shares her latest thrift finds with her readers. Back when I was gathering ideas to start a blog with I was taking pics of all of the things that Z and I had found in the local Oly thrift and antique stores. And this morning while reading "The Haps" I was inspired to share some stuff with you guys. Since I have very little content otherwise.


When it comes to kids clothes and thrifting you have the right to be VERY picky. Check all over the garment for holes, stains and such. When I do this I usually leave shop with very little Z size clothes. Because most stuff is flawed. But sometimes you hit the jackpot. Like in the photo above. A Gap sweater, A Ralph Lauren vest and a robot thermal from Old Navy all under $5? They are all bigger sizes but I cannot wait for him to wear that lil sweater with the elbow patches. OMG CA-UTE!


Flower tile for .50 becomes trivet/ spoon rest in my kitchen. 


Couldn't pass on the owl s&p set for .25! Esp cause owls are so IN right now.


Aaaand BOOKS? Yes please. These books were in mint condition. Books are another item it is worth being picky on. Go through and make sure some clever child didn't draw a mustache on all the characters with sharpie. Even though mustaches are so IN right now. 

These pics are from one visit to one Goodwill location! We have three in our area. I def call this the jackpot. Also, it was during a "fill the bag for half price" type sale that they have. Double jackpot. 

Thanks for stopping in. Go read The Haps and then have yourself a terrific day!

Listening to: