Saturday, July 21, 2012

Book Review

Howdy! We have had some interesting thunderstorms, eh? I have never seen such an electrical weather phenomenon. I recently rediscovered the library. One should never forget that they have a local library with books and resources at their fingertips, but I did. I went and got a little over zealous and checked out four books. The lady looked at me and said "you want all these?" "Uh ya lady, and no I am not going to read them all obviously. You do see this baby here that I am wearing right? But I like the idea of reading all of them so here I go. thank you!"
 However, I did get through one of them. The title is "Cutting for Stone" by Abraham Verghese. You can read a summary on this book page online. It had been a while since a book sucked me in and held me hostage. I was finding myself wishing I was reading instead of playing wooden trains and making breakfast. So of course I thought it was amazing. Here is the thing. I am NOT recommending it to you. I have anxiety about recommending books to people for this reason: 
Nothing offends me in literature. Television? yes! Books, no. So I could tell everyone I know to read this book but what if they are disgusted by the medical graphic descriptions? What if the sexual references are too much? The violence? The sadness? The portrayel of women? I love when books touch on every emotion I have and leave me in turmoil about the nature of people. Some might be offended by the messages within the text. So to be safe I just don't tell people what to read. (Or at least not often) 


I will tell you I fell in love with every character in this book and when I got to the last page I was very sad it was over. 

Nothing else new on the McKown Town side of things. Its the weekend!!!! YEEHAW.

Here are some Z pics to tide you over:


Shirts vs. Skins


RAWR! (run for your lives, seriously) 




No comments:

Post a Comment